Sunday, April 27, 2008

Millie's First Birthday!!!

I went for it and posted a lot of pictures so beware! Really it was so fun, even for the host and hostess. It was such a delight to have great friends and family members here to make this occasion such a special and memorable one and I guess more than anything I have learned two things: First that I wish we had done this for Joseph's first birthday. And second, there is nothing wrong with throwing a party for a baby that wont remember it.  She had a a blast and so did we.  We will remember and show her the pictures! 

When I went to BYU one of my roommates taught me an important lesson. I was bummed out and overwhelmed with LIFE as I knew it (fighting to make the grade and make money etc.)  Debbie chuckled as if to say, Silly Lacy- and then said, "Stress and grades and multiple jobs- that is not your life.  Your LIFE is the relationships that you form while you are here. Those other things just help make it possible to maintain those relationships."  So much wisdom from a then 20 year old girl.  And it is so true. It is so easy to get caught up in those other things but what really matters and what really brings us joy in life are our relationships, and the love we share with others.  As a mom I was so grateful to have such a fun event to share with my kids, friends and family.  Not all of my favorite people could be here but I am so grateful that so many of you could.
The hats were so fun- and we actually wore them! They were a lot of work but well worth it.
The cupcakes were a hit! I doubled the recipe but I should have tripled it! I know I could have eaten more and I am always worrying that my guests don't get enough to eat! Can food be a love language?
I made some flag banners as well, which I loved.  If I make them again I will use more double sided tape to keep them from sliding into each other.
Millie had SO MUCH fun in the water and on the trampoline!
So much that she (and I) did not realize that she was hungry. When I picked her up to bring her inside to get ready for the cupcakes she grabbed my sandwich and began devouring it! Turkey, swiss, lettuce, tomato and mustard. My little one year old eating her first turkey sandwich! 
She ate her whole cupcake! It was so cute!
This is our great friend and "nanny" Chelsea.  Too bad for us she plans to become a surgeon and is off to college this fall. What will we do without you?
Mima modeling the beloved party hats!  I think Joseph is on his second cupcake- he was so good and had so much fun with his cousins and best buds.
Some of the guys- yes that is Joe with the beard and I love it! He keeps saying he's going to shave it though.
Most of the girls/moms.  It would have been fun to get a group shot but with 13 kids running wet and wild that was pretty much impossible! 

Millie loved climbing all over her presents and even opened one all by herself!
Adorable dress times three!  Three different friends thought of Millie when they saw this dress and gave it to us! We just might keep all three!
Millie got to wear a new dress to church today and Joseph is looking as handsome as ever!
My little one year old!  Where did the year go!  I'm happy and sad to see my little girl growing up, and just so grateful that Heavenly Father sent her to our family!

8 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

You did a fantastic job!

Lillie said...

I have too much to say but too much to do during nap time and I owe you a phone call but it has to be recordered in your comments that you are AMAZING! It's all Martha- but without the fake smile and fraud (or whatever it is she did.) It looks spectacular Lace- I wish wish wish we could have been there too. Millie is so grown up and so GORGEOUS. A whole year. Where did it go?

The banner? I didn't realize you made that-- it's totally Land of Nod. SOOOO cute.

The Nielsen Family said...

WOWEEE!!! You had quite the group!! I can't believe Millie is already one year. It is crazy how time flies. You did such an amazing job with everything. I wish I could live near by and just watch and learn.

ceawitt said...

anytime you need me for the weekend just call me up and i'll make the 2 hour drive...haha! i'm going to miss not being able to come over all the time! i love you all so much!!!
AWSOME job on the party though lacy. it was amazing!

Kira said...

Congrats Lacy

Alicia said...

what a great party.. loved all the pics keep them coming..

Nathan and Emily said...

Your family looks amazing honey. I am so happy for you! I hope this will help us keep in touch!

Heidi said...

What a darling little party!!! I loved the hats...well worth all the time and effort!! You are amazing!!