Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Really Weird Occurrence and Mima's Birthday!

The strangest thing happened to us this week.  I was playing with the kids in the backyard until about five o'clock.  At that time I brought them in the house to eat.  I put Millie in her high chair, gave her some Cherrios and went to the sink to wash out her sippy cup.  While at the sink I looked out the window and could not believe my eyes: the trampoline had disappeared from it's corner of the yard.  I truly blinked, opened my eyes wider and stretched my neck forward as if that would help me see it.  Nothing.  I scanned the yard- nope- not in the yard at all- and all of our other toys were strewn about in strange places.  Then I noticed the polls from the enclosure sticking up on the other side of the fence.  Somehow a wind lifted the trampoline and flipped it over the fence and out of our yard, without doing any damage to the fence or the tree nearby.  (Unless it was some punk kids which I have never seen in our neighborhood and who would have had to work extremely fast at five o'clock in the afternoon.)  Anyway, very bizarre and sad.  We are not sure the extent of the damage.  At best we just have to buy one poll for the enclosure which we know is badly damaged, at worst we have to buy a whole new trampoline and enclosure which Joe assures me will not be any time soon!  Argh! We loved that thing!




This weekend we also had the pleasure of celebrating Mima's 60th Birthday!  We spent Friday night attending a Rotary Dinner and auction at the Sweetwater Inn and eating delicious cake, and Saturday sharing sandwiches and salads from the Flour Pot.  She is so much fun and does such a good job at keeping her family together.  We love you Mima!


8 comments:

Kira said...

Happy Birthday Mima!!!! Wish we could have been there.

Kira said...

Ok, the tramp looks CRAZY!!!!! How on earth did that happen??

Lillie said...

Holy COW. I just called you but you're not home. I can't believe you didn't tell me that on the phone yesterday! Your trampoline!!! Oh no!

The Nielsen Family said...

Oh my, I can't believe that about your tramp. Unbelievable!

Debbie said...

That is the craziest story involving a trampoline I have ever heard!! Must have been a freak gust of wind. It was one of those "I wish I had that on tape" moments that will probably (hopefully) never happen again.

Allison said...

Ahh, we miss you guys so much!! I can't believe Millie is one year already and we have yet toget together! Sydney will be a year in two weeks and I am still debating what to do for her bday. Sad about the tramp! We adore ours as well--actually just got a new one that is 15 ft with a safety enclosure on top and bottom and plastic stairs. It was only $200--a steal!---so let me know ify ou want me to put you in touch with the guy.
You look fabulous by the way! Give me a call some time.

Becky said...

i can't believe the wind is strong enough to lift a trampoline. i think they should offer wind insurance to you guys. i hope it doesn't end up costing too much to repair.

The Meyers said...

That is crazy about the tramp. It was sooo good to see you Lacy! You look great by the way :-)