Sunday, April 13, 2008

Joseph at 2 Years and 9 months




My little boy is growing up. We have seen this change in him lately and maybe some of you have seen it, too. He has this renewed confidence and assurance in himself that probably has something to do with increasing ability to understand and be understood. He is just as energetic as always but is a little easier to reason with and convince why we can't do/have/eat something right now. Instead of screaming and flipping out when he doesn't get his way, he will sometimes look at me and giggle like he knows he was pushing it. Don't get me wrong he still does some of the flipping out but I can see that he is learning and that is progress. He loves to cuddle and give and receive physical affection and he sings his ABC's everywhere we go as loud as he can (Yeah, he's moved on from "Bah, Bah, Black Sheep" but I believe it is the same notes). We are still working on the volume thing! He has started eating more fruits and veggies again and that is a huge relief. AND he plays very well on his own. He loves to run around the trampoline and pretends to shoot something out of his hands and I hear his pretend scenarios that he sets up with whatever he has in front of him (a wash cloth, for example). He loves cuddling with Millie in our rocker in her room after she gets up in the morning or from a nap. He is such an inspiring little guy and has adjusted brilliantly to having a younger sibling. I love you Joseph!

5 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Nicely done.

Kira said...

Bah Bah Black sheep and ABC's is definately the same tune, but it is adorable! Love you Lace

Lillie said...

Joseph,

You are the coolest little boy and I'm so proud to call you my nephew. Knowing your parents, I'm not surprised that you're so smart, but I still can't help but be amazed at the things you come up with. When I was out there last month, you were decorating easter eggs, and with such fervor exclaimed, "these eggs are beautiful and amazing!" You performed Bah Bah Black Sheep for me on several occasions and discussed gosslings and other baby animals over your healthy lunch. You are such a good BOY! I only wish we could see you more often!

Love, Aunt Lillie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Nielsen Family said...

What a great picture at the top. His hair is adorable long and light. This post will be an excellent thing for him to read when he is older, well done.