Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hmm...




We fill our days with story time at the library, trips to the park and the museum, errands, play dates, play groups, crafts, books, toys, backyard fun with the trampoline and the kiddy pool and the bikes. But somehow, as a mother, so much of our time is isolated from everyone and everything else... There must be something to learn from that- maybe that helps to forge the incredibly strong bond between mother and child- just a complete reliance on each other for company and laughter and fun. Or maybe it is to learn how to prioritize because a little child makes it known that they must be top priority. In any case, being Joseph and Millie's mom is by far the most difficult, most fun and coolest thing that I have ever done. I am so grateful for them and Joe too, of course!

(P.S. Thanks to Alicia for the awesome photos and to Alicia and Kira for a very fun day in Cedar Key!)

2 comments:

Lillie said...

Lacy-- I got goosebumps. Well said. It helpes to forge the incredibly strong bond between mother and child-- I kind of want to print this up and save it somewhere. really. I love you!

Irene Da Costa said...

Lace, you're such an awesome mom. Truly. I hope that some day, I can be as attentive and loving to my own. And your kids are so beautiful. I love the pic of Millie on the trampoline. She's so precious. By the way, what's with the random one of me on the horse? :0)
Love you!