Monday, April 21, 2008

Because it's the journey that counts.. right?




I am planning a fun little party for Millie's big 1st birthday. I was slightly ambitious prior to entering Michael's due to a talk I had with my sister as I sat in my car. She assured me my ideas were good but that if I got the nerve I should do something cute and creative with stripes or polka dots... So here I am.. trying to follow a Martha Stewart: Crafts brochure. Hopefully by Saturday my hats will look more like Martha's. In the meantime I'm sure Joe will continue to urge me to "just go buy some decorations!"

2 comments:

Kira said...

good for you lace!

Lillie said...

Lacy-- they're SOOOO cute!!!! I'm also referring to the above picture with the sprouty things coming out the top. I don't know if I can take the credit/blame though, all I said with like a split second to spare on the phone was that I would do something with stripes and polka dots... what I never said was I think it's because I'm looking at so many window coverings right now for the toy room and am OBSESSED with both. They look SO great. I don't care how much time you've put into it. This is what we do now. We're mamas. And it's those little things that you get to look at the finished product and feel really really good. Successful. Satisfied. Like at the end of finishing a paper you hated writing in college.

Hooray for crazy, overly-time-intensive, Martha-Stewart party hats!! I love them. I think for the party, you should line them all up like the picture above and keep everything clean and simple with your DARLING patterns. And take lots and lots of pictures. I want to be there! I can't believe Millie's going to be a whole year old. Nuts.