Tuesday, September 9, 2008

To Chelsea

Chelsea- in light of your recent major life change of going off to college (and your comments on my blog posts) I wanted to dedicate this post to you!  

Based on my EXPERIENCE I thought I'd give you a few tips! Do with it what you like.  I thought if anyone else had any advice for a college freshman this would be a good non-confrontational place to share it! 

DON'T:
1. Buy a big bag of powdered sugar doughnuts every saturday and wonder why you are getting fat!
2. Hang out with people that put hot dogs in your interior light fixtures and in your bed.
3. Work at Taco Bell.
4. Allow your roommates to rent embarrassingly rated "R" movies and leave them out for your home teachers to see.
5. Develop a huge crush on a guy that plays guitar and happens to have a serious girlfriend back home.
6. Grow dreadlocks (I didn't actually do this but sometimes it looked like it!!!)

Do:
Well, I'm embarrassed to even say these things because I'm sure you are already doing them. But, get involved, try new things, be open minded, go to church and read your scriptures and pray (must, must, must), please be careful, exercise, eat healthy, keep your eye on your goals but don't be afraid to adjust them to new desires.  We love you, we miss you, and we're so proud of you! Come see us soon!

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Perfect! Every freshman should definitely know those things! You're awesome! Love ya!

Lillie said...

Made me tear, and I'm not even Chelsea! What a fun relationship you have with your babysitter. I'm so sad for you that you're losing her. What wonderful advice Lacy--- HILARIOUS-- but seriously good advice. It's like you must be some really great big-sister. :)

cwitt said...

LACY! you are awesome....
the Don'ts made me laugh quite a bit and i will most definitely be sure to stay away from such actions :)

Thank you for all of the advice and you know i look up to you and take your "DOs" seriously. thank you for everything! And i will be back to visit soon--so you and joe need to go out so i can babysit ;)
i miss you so much!

Shail said...

Hey Lacy, This is Jeneen York,I found your blog through my brother Aaron's family blog and it is so nice to see you and your cute family. Its really fun to see how everyone is doing through the world wide web. Take care.

Kira said...

amen, but I say hang out with the people who would put hot dogs in light fixtures ... I think that is hilarious!!!! (and you might end up marrying someone who would do that :-)