Friday, September 5, 2008

Summer Highlights


This summer I had some amazing and frankly, surreal experiences.  (Sorry about the underline, I can't figure out how to get rid of it). I can't find the time to dedicate to each one so I thought I would briefly touch on some of them, all in one post.  This is by no means all that happened to us or all of the important people in our lives, but it is a few.

The summer began and ended with a trip to California. The one at the beginning of the summer was with the husband and the kids. The one at the end was without.  They were both very rewarding and despite the quickness to the latter trip it was extremely fulfilling.  There is too much to say here about my mom and sisters.  I really love them.

Saying goodbye to Kira was totally unreal.  It was painful and sweet to watch her just be herself and cry herself silly in the line to go through security.  I would have waited until nobody was watching, but not Kira. She is always exactly who she is. It is refreshing. 
We miss you Kira!

My kids at the beach, and their cousins. So fun and cute and effortless.

Papa Joe seemed to have a lot of fun with the kids at the beach this summer.  He is so proud to be attached to these little ones.

Joe finished the wainscoting project that he and Paul started months ago.  He finished sanding and painting it and it looks fantastic! What a labor or love! Thanks Joe- you are amazing!

Joseph's Third Birthday was perfect. We were at the beach and he was so happy to have all the attention, balloons and a Cars cake. I can't believe we have a three year old. He really has grown up so fast.  Some of his favorite expressions right now, "Are you kidding? That's crazy!" "Can you please stop talking?!" " That is so awesome!" He is very enthusiastic and excited for anything.  He is so affectionate and loving with his sister, dad, mom ... everyone, really. We love him so much!



My second trip out to California was for my oldest friend Monica Haynes' wedding.  She looked like a queen sitting on a throne during the mass.  It was a very special experience to see her and her family and to witness that event.  It was also a  time to see some other great friends from High School- Katie and Abbey.

6 comments:

Kira said...

I LOVE your dress for the wedding. Where did you get it???!!!!! I want to see a picture of the wainscoating from far away with the whole kitchen.

cwitt said...

your dress looks gorgeous lacy!! I miss you!!!!
chelsea

Unknown said...

WOW...you are so beautiful. I agree, your dress is soooo cute. I miss you

Lacy said...

You guys are great- the dress is from White House Black Market and so is the shrug. I had to pin it to keep everything in place but I was happy with the way it turned out!

Lillie said...

What a perfect way to hit it all. What you said about Kira made me love her. What a cute girl. Sad you don't have her and Justin there anymore.

Yeah, how about a picture of the wainscoating from afar? Isn't it in the dining area too?

Unknown said...

i like the last photo- is it me or do i look a bit "enhanced" :) :)