Friday, October 10, 2008

Trip to Cactus Country

Our trip to Phoenix was a lot of fun!  We were able to meet up with so many good friends! Wyatt, son of Nancy and Troy is seen above.  He is such a doll and just a mellow as he looks in the picture.   Nancy and Troy just happen to be in Phoenix for a wedding and we were able to get together for lunch at the house where we were staying. We feel so lucky that we have been able to meet up with them twice since they moved away from Gainesville.
Jeannette, my sister-in-law, took us to the Zoo.  She told me it was her favorite zoo and I have to agree.  The San Diego Zoo has that whole "world famous" thing in it's title but it was so much better being able to ride bikes and pull the kids in trailers. It was a completely different experience- no screaming children, no sore feet or swollen ankles- just fun, fun, fun. We were the only ones there doing it but Jeannette assured me that it is allowed and even encouraged- they rent bikes out most days of the week! We were staring at some squirrel monkeys very close to us. Thanks Jeannette- you made our trip to Arizona so much better!


Of course the kids love the carousel.  We look pretty hammered. It was hot but I will die telling people that the humidity is so much worse.  I love dry air. Love it. 
They do this all by themselves- it's really cute.
I was able to meet up with Becky, an old friend from BYU. It was really good to see her- she was beautiful, vibrant, and witty as ever- Thanks for making the drive across the city and taking the time to meet, Becky!  
There was a botanical garden and an herb garden outside our hotel that we had a lot of fun exploring.  Millie looked very agricultural in her overalls. 


We also got to see my old room-mate Cara and her husband.  They were a lot of fun! It is great to travel but for me it is the people that make a difference.  We spent a lot of time with Ryon and Jeannette and their kids, saw Joe's cousin Jim and their family. It was definitely a trip with a lot of memories. 

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lacy! We had so much fun with you and your munchkins! We did find Millie's cup, it was behind a couch cushion, sorry. I think it has become part of our collection:) Thanks for the souvenoir (totally spelled wrong, I'm sure!) from Florida! We love you!

Unknown said...

Um Hi...you look AMAZING!! I'm so jealous that you look that great with 2 kids. I am trying to keep up with one. I have been thinking about you so much lately amd missing our walks around Haile...those were the days. Miss and love you tons-

Lillie said...

Yay--- I was so excited that you'd posted a new one! Susan's not kidding, you look amazing. That picture of you and Becky is SO cute-- and I think your hair looks like the best EVER. It makes me that much more bummed out about my little hair fiasco.

You're right about the dry air. I'll give it to you. I don't envy the Sweaty South.

Linz said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Beautiful pictures, Lacy. Love that last one of you and the kids!

Kira said...

yeah!!! It's fun to see an update from you :-) You guys look great, and I can't believe how much more Joseph looks like Joe now!!! Wow!

S.A.S. said...

we should have never met up for lunch, bc now i remember more than ever how much i love you. you are the best listener and so angelic like. thanks for being such a great friend. now i will just have to go through lacy withdrawals for a while. no worries.

Allison said...

Hey! I miss hearing from you! Where has the time gone? Our little ones are getting so big. I am 4 months now with #3 and keep thinking I will hear similar news from you soon?? I have a ton to update you on--we have big life changes happening in the next few months, so email or call me!