Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Spreading the Love


This post is dedicated to Lillie Kelani Biesinger- my little sister and the motivator behind my blog (among other things), as today is her 26th birthday. She has done such an amazing job at spreading love to so many people both through her birthday dedications and her frequent posts, I thought it only fair to dedicate this post to her. Lillie, I'm just going to write directly to you because you are probably the only one who still checks to see if I'm writing.

You are full of life and vibrance that only gets brighter with age. Most people who know you look up to you and I think it is because of your insistence on ignoring the negative and focusing on the positive. You say you have a problem with negativity but the reality is that you let it slide off your back a lot easier and, viola, you are happy and positive again. It really is an attractive trait. You are fun and vivacious and you have always been "the funny and clever one". You are one of those people who really could do anything that you put your mind to and deep down inside you know that this is true. You have always let me feel like I was taking care of you as your big sister but in reality you have carried me through my frequent emotional breakdowns. Your slight deficiencies only make you more endering (like sharing a room with you in college and not being able to step inside without wading through piles of clothes, dirty and clean). I can't remember a time when you didn't think you were fat while simultaneously knowing how beautiful you really are. Growing up with you I appreciated our differences but I was always flattered when people got us confused as the same person. I have loved going through adult life with you thus far, even though it is across country. You help me laugh at my mistakes and minor crises but you also know just how to acknowledge my feelings.

Gosh, this is hard to do. You've earned even more respect as these kinds of posts are not easy to write. Anyway, I love you Lil. I don't think I could ask for a better friend. I hope you had a wonderful birthday- and good luck with pregnancy number two.

1 comment:

Lillie said...

Oh Lacy I love you. Do you really see me that way? How wonderful to feel like you may be ok where you thought you'd failed. In this phase, I need reminders that I can be positive. Thanks for seeing my best side. Love you-

And my piles of clothing have much improved since college.