Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lots of fun and a little stress








(First I'ld like to explain the photos: The first one is of the little baby girl clothes I recieved at my baby shower. Then there are a few of a recent trip Joe and I took to the U.S. Virgin Islands. Beautiful place, although I am looking very pregnant. Then you see Joseph with his little cousins Michelle and Nicole and one from my shower.)


This is a really fun time for our family! First we are preparing for a new baby girl! Second, we are getting close to moving into our new home that has been in the works since August. I think anyone that knows me could agree that I welcome change wholeheartedly but when it comes time to carry out the change I can get a little stressed out. I think it's very natural. It would be very strange if these two large events did not cause me some degree of stress. So, as a result most of my life right now revolves around picking out new stuff for the baby room, making visits to the new house to make sure everything is turning out as planned, compromising with Joe on money management decisions and, of course, taking Joseph to the park to work out his toddler energy.

Last night a great friend of mine threw me a baby shower. She kept it simple and focused on what I love- chocolate! There were chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fondue, brownies, and even a pretty pink peep centerpiece. She had informed everyone that my needs for the new little girl included, but were not limited to, adorable little dresses. So I am very greatful to have recieved a whole closet full of them. Nancy also created a very relaxed and comfortable setting for many of my sweet girlfriends to sit around and chat. With little children it is often difficult to find time to talk to girlfriends, or at least to finish a conversation. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening to celebrate this pregnancy.

8 comments:

Lillie said...

Yay Lacy! You really did it. The picture of all the little girl clothes is adorable... now only if I had a name to put in those clothes. Hmmmm...

Did Joe REALLY show you how to post your pictures and everything so I can expect regular updates now?

S.A.S. said...

Lacy, what fun! I didn't know you were expecting a GIRL:) Yay! With how adorable litle Joseph is, your girl is bound to be gorgeous. When are you due? I'm so So excited for you and that dress of baby girl clothes.

Missy said...

When are you due? You are adorable. Just perfect and round and straight out. I'm so excited for you and I'm waiting for a name too:) I love baby names...

I'm so excited for you. Girls are TOO much fun.

Becky said...

hello, i didn't even know you were pregnant. when are you due? do you have a name picked out already? you are such a cute pregnant mommy. those pictures were all so cute. i love to hear what you have been up to.

Becky said...

hello, i didn't even know you were pregnant. when are you due? do you have a name picked out already? you are such a cute pregnant mommy. those pictures were all so cute. i love to hear what you have been up to.

rachelle said...

Look at all those clothes!!!!!!! I'm so bummed we couldn't be there. :( I hope it was a blast. If Chris' competition wouldn't have been Saturday, we definitely would have been in town.

And congrats on the blog. The internet world needed you. :)

rachelle said...

Oh.... and you look so adorable. You're one of the most beautiful pregnant women I know.

Becky said...

lacy- how are you? i actually live in arizona. my
husband is going to medical school in august at
midwestern, right outside of phoenix. i can't believe
my friend, you, is building a home. i just moved into
a tiny apartment and here you are in a home. i am so
happy for you. one day we will get there, in about
seven short years. i am also so excited to hear you
are having another baby. that is awesome. write me
back and tell me all the things you don't write on
your blog. i miss you and all of our good talks. i
always thought of you as my mother figure in college,
but in a good way. you don't look or act old, but you
are so wise and logical and i love it. i appreciated
all the advice you ever gave me. i respect you so
much and what you stand for was such a great example
for me to follow while in school . you made me want
to be a better person. thanks for always being there
for me. you are the best. i want to be friends
again. i think we can if we keep up with our emails
and blogs. tell me all about your life. even if you
don 't have time to catch me completely up, just give
me something. talk to you later lacy.
love, becky
what is your email address?