Sunday, February 8, 2009

Surprise!


This year I have unknowingly set myself up to be completely spoiled for my birthday. I must have been talking about it a lot- the big 30 - and how I wanted Joe to throw me an awesome party. Somehow one of my dearest friends, Alicia, got the idea to throw it herself (with a little help from Joe)! She cooked an insane amount of food to make chicken, beef or fish tacos, she invited a ton of people, she put together a slide show, decorated in a tropical theme. It was so fun, so perfect I went through the whole day TODAY with warm fuzzies because I felt so loved. Thank you Alicia- you are truly one of the most thoughtful people I have ever known.



I should also say that it was a joint birthday party for Lauren (Lauren on right, Alicia on left, and no- that is not me in the middle. That is a stranger). These are some fun girls! Happy birthday Lauren!

8 comments:

Kira said...

How fun!!! Happy Early Birthday ... I wish I was there to be with you!

Kearl said...

Yeah, the big 3-0. I turned 30 in October, and even though the day was great, I got to say that it kind of makes me sad that I'm not in my 20's anymore. I honestly feel A LOT older. I'm in my 30's. May you feel young forever.

DD said...

That was so nice of them to do that for you. When is your birthday? I feel silly not knowing but it's been years since we lived together, so Happy Birthday. I hope you're doing well!

Jeanette said...

I must say, Happy (early) Birthday AND being the (probably)wierdo that I am I was so excited to turn 30!!! Maybe it was the hormones from having my 6th baby on the last day of my 29th year...but the 30's have been so awesome. And for someone who was pregnant for the whole 20's decade, I feel better, look cuter, think straighter, and have so much more energy! I think being in your 30's is so much fun! You have a lot to look forward to!

Another Piece Of Chocolate said...

Happy Birthday Lacy!!! I miss you!

Lillie said...

How did I not know about this? I must have been monopolizing our conversations these last few days. Yeah, pretty sure I have. So glad you have good friends to take care of you sis.

Unknown said...

you crack me up lace. talk to you very soon!

cwitt said...

:) lacy happy birthday! i can't wait to see you again!!!
and the thing about the picture--and that not being you in the background cracked me up for some reason .