Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Mother Land

When I left California for school in Utah and people asked where I was from they often smiled upon hearing my answer and said, "Oh, really ... no one is FROM there." Meaning, they don't usually hear of people growing up there- more likely they fell in love with the place on some fantastic vacation and never went home. For all you skeptics out there (like you Joe) just ask Melisa. She has "many" friends that told her this was how they came to live there. That said, I can't say we would be spending the money on airfare even half as much as we do now if we didn't have such amazing family spread throughout the region. This trip we flew into Palm Springs and out of LAX with visits to my sister's homes and a trip to San Diego to be with my mom sandwiched in between. We couldn't have coaxed more fun out of any second. It was truly great. As always my family was above the mark for fun activity, meaningful conversation and gestures of love and kindness towards our little family and to each other. As a child I felt very proud to be a Frisch, and I still love the name and miss seeing it attached to my first name. Today, I feel it again, very strongly that I am so lucky to be connected to these people.
We started off the festivities with an early Father's Day celebration to celebrate my sweet dad. He is always so much fun to be around and full of hugs and kisses and praises of all kinds. We had a wonderful dinner. Hopefully next time we can see him even more!

Lillie keeps me sane and teaches me so many things just by being that thing. No preaching, just living.

















5 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Great pictures. It was a great trip.

Lillie said...

I hadn't seen some of those! I love the one of Sophia and Joseph wrestling. That was too cute. it looks like you had so much fun at Melisa's.

Oh I miss you so much.

Lisa said...

As you know we are "implants" to San Diego and will never leave (if we don't have to). We love it here!!! Even my kids that were young when we moved here consider this home and where they were raised and grew up. Kira was almost 10 yrs. old when we moved here. None of them intend on going back to Canada - not even Kira intended to and we all know how sad she is about that! At any rate, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you both for being so sweet, loving and the best of friends to Kira & Justin. Your friendships go way back and how fun it is to see you both with little family's of your own and doing such an amazing job! We love you and are so grateful that our kids have you in their lives and were there for them while they were in Florida. They have been so blessed! It was great to see you again in February when we were out. Maybe sometime you will be in San Diego when Kira & Justin are in San Diego and we'll get to see you.

Da Costa said...

Great pictures Lace! I LOVE the one of Joseph and Sophia wrestling! And you look beautiful! :0)

The Nielsen Family said...

First off, Lacy I LOVE the hair cut. You are always doing things to spice up the look, way to go!! 2nd, Joe you look so handsome with your beard. 3rd, Millie has gotten so big!!! and What a personality you can see even through the pictures. I'm so glad you guys made it back to Cali for a fun trip. It is always so great to go "home."