Saturday, August 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Joe!

Today, (August 5th) is Joe's 28th birthday and I wanted to share that he is such a wonderful husband and father. Most of you know he is very bright. I have always been amazed at his ability to read about politics or current events and put it in context of our lives. You all know he is very funny and eloquent and good with his words. You all know he has a very high standard for what is loyal and he lives up to this standard. He makes very good friends with people and maintains his friendships very well. A few things you might not know...

You probably don't know that he gets up every night with our 2 year old son so that I can get my rest to take care of our three month old baby. He is tender and caring despite his natural ability to be the disciplinarian in the family. His tenderness, interest and involvement with the kids increases daily. When he is home he splits the tasks of parenting evenly with me. I am embarrassed to admit that he cooks more than I do lately and his meals are just as tasty as mine! He deals with my natural ability for correcting him(!) very well and continues to love and support me despite my weaknesses, which are not few. He treats me like I am the neatest person he has ever known. He works so hard to keep our little family happy and humming along. He makes it a priority to take me to California to visit my family at least twice a year and never makes me feel like it is a burden. He loves my family almost as much as I do. I love him so much!

With the help of my sister Lillie I have created a little slideshow of our lives together. If you are in the mood have a look. I apologize to those of you who prefer a post that is less personal. I'm not really good at impersonal.

As usual, click play twice.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Beautiful slide show, Lacy. :) I enjoyed watching it.

Brooke said...

so I just scrolled through your blog....cute fam! Your daughter is so cute and I LOVE her name! I seriously laughed when I saw the photos Joseph took...so cute!

The Nielsen Family said...

So sweet Lacy. I loved reading the things you said about Joe. What a great man and what a great woman you are as well. Just so you know, your slidshow totally made me cry. We love you guys!